Thursday, November 2

Fall Rogue Trip

It is tradition to put pumkins in cool places along the Rogue in October.

I can not express just how happy I am to be back in Oregon. We had a nice three day visit with Mel's mom that included canoeing at Summit lake near Diamond peak and a trip to the Oregon coast. After June departed, we made a quick trip up to Portland to take care of some business at Patagonia and visit with Graham and Greta. Graham gave us an awesome tour of his place of work. Precision Castings makes jet turbines and other incredibly-difficult-to-manufacture-giant-sized-awesome parts in vacuum chambers. This tour was just as cool as going to Boeing to watch the 777 get assembled. We finished the evening with a nice Mexican dinner and a new game called Settlers.

The five day Rogue trip was great! We took day-two as a lay-over 4.5 miles from the put-in so we could wait for Jake to run in. We finished out the remaining 30 miles over three days with sunny skies and great food the whole time. We saw tons of wildlife including; river otters, tons of deer, bears, salmon, bald eagles and a nice 4-point buck. The most notable part of this trip is that Cota came with us. He loves camping, but is not too keen on the boating part. Mel feared that she has lost her beloved dog forever when we let him out to portage Blossom Bar and he was lost in the bear infested wilderness for a couple of hours. I got to play the hero when I brought the wet and shivering Cota-Woda back in my arms. I would also like to add that I won the pumkin game after spotting a record 24 pumkins. There were upwards of 70 of the little buggers lurking in the most unlikely places.

Next up... Back to Korea! We are leaving Sunday morning to fly back to Korea for a quick three day trip. We have to attend a labour board hearing that will hopefully result in us getting our money. As soon as we return it is off to Montana to visit my sister for a few days. Whew! We have been busy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It amuses me to no end that my big brother can't spell, pumpkin. :) I guess we can't all be perfect... I love you!