Monday, October 17

Job Security

Today is a big deal. Currently there is one student enrolled in our school. This afternoon there is going to be a giant open house with 200+ parents to see if they want to send their kids here. I think it will go well, but apparently the similar open house at the other branch of the school in Incheon went poorly and very few students signed up, so there is a bunch of pressure to have things go smoothly this afternoon.

Yesterday, Mel and I went for a 6-mile run around the big lake in downtown Ilsan. All the paths around the lake are paved with track rubber and it is a really nice park. We started our first day of work at one and were at school, doing basically nothing, until nine. So far there are four other english teachers. Three Canadians and one other American. They seem fine. After work I, of course, had a serious migrane. Not being one to let down the group I went for beers. I hate soju, the Korean national spirit. It is basically 40 proof cleaning fluid. Heineken makes a dark beer that I accidentaly ordered and then paid $8 for. Pretty spendy beer. I also found Hitte Dark. The best stout I have ever had under 4%!

Glad to hear that the beavs won!

1 comment:

azianbrewer said...

The Korean sojus are pretty much contaminated with chemical. The Japanese shochu are more naturally distilled.