Friday, January 12

7 weeks later

We have now been cruising around down here for 7 weeks and it is starting to feel like this is the way life is supposed to be. Getting a job is really going to be a wake up call. Yesterday we said bye to Lou and Jaz and headed to the Pacific coast of Nicaragua, which seems to be a mellower beach version of Guatemala. We plan to be here for a few days before heading to Isla Ometepe in the middle of Lago de Nicaragua. We are currently really excited about checking out a new country, since Panama (Really pretty, but lacks good food, beer, wildlife, and culture)was not quite what we expected.

It was really nice to re-visit Costa Rica, but we did have a bit of bad luck there with busses and theft. Our camera and my cool new shoulder bag were stolen from the foyer of a hostel with Lou Jaz and I standing right there! And, we kept encountering full busses and others that took longer than expected so we missed connections. On the up-side, we did see massive lava avalanches rip down the side of volcan Arenal under starry night skies. It was really cool!

I now have no money and everyone is inviting me on cool trips, Josh wants me to go skiing in Alaska, Dana wants me to run the Grand Canyon (in January) and Futalafu, and Kyle wants me to kayak to Cuba. Someone should pay me to have fun, travel the world, write about it, and take pictures with the camera I don´t have.

1 comment:

Josh said...

If you find someone to pay you to have fun, let me in on it too.