Tuesday, February 24

Weekend in Jackson

It was a little tough going, but I made it. After leaving work late on Thursday I managed to run out of gas in middle of nowhere Wyoming, lose control of the truck about 30 times on the windy, icy crapper of a winter drive that is I-80, and get pulled over sans ticket at 2am just as I was rolling into Jackson. Upon arrival I discovered two very drunk Melvin brothers rolling in their vomit and peeing on themselves. Just great!

Thankfully, Garrett was quite sober and was able to ski the next morning. We skied inbounds and side country on Friday and I was favorably impressed by Jackson Hole. There is enough awesome skiing to be done in the Tetons to keep one busy for a lifetime. The next two days were bluebird backcountry in the park and we got the goods. Saturday we skied Turkey Chute off the back side of 25 Short down into Avalanche canyon where we made a late day lap in beautiful mountain splendor. Sunday we skied some great north facing couloirs and fun pitches off the north side of Wimpy's. Everything was deep, stable, and so much fun! I have really been getting some amazing days in the backcountry this season and these were two of the best!


Garrett getting the pop out of his turn in the Jackson Hole gate access backcountry.


Garrett points out the line to Minor Melvin.


This skin track redefines "earn your turns." There is a definite one to one correlation.


Did I mention that I think the Tetons are gorgeous!


Passing the skis down to the entrance of Turkey Chute.


Graham gettin' his fix while Garrett and Brian look on.


Even the hard part is freakin' awesome!


Graham playing the little spoon next to my tracks on the last lap of the day.


Me, Brian Melvin, Garrett and Graham after a wonderful day in the Tetons.

1 comment:

~I said...

Wow! the "little spoon" picture pretty sums up heaven.