Saturday, November 24

Happy Thanksgiving


Patrick and Maranda join us a Barley's Taproom in Rutherfordton aka 'Roughton'

I am in North Carolina and man do I love the South. The only drawback, nobody can understand a single thing I am saying. I talk and folks just scrunch up their faces and say, 'Whut?' Mel and I drove out here in a single push. It took us over 25 hours. I know it seems crazy, but we actually had a really great time doing it. We listened to music, talked about fun stuff, saw some country we had never seen before and generally enjoyed ourselves. That said, we are flying next time.

Mel's mom, June, had no idea we were coming and it was pretty fun to surprise her. She was totally floored when we showed up Thursday morning. Since we neglected to tell her we were coming, we couldn't very well expect her to cook for us, so I made a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat. Y'all would a been real proud o me. It is hard to cook a 5 course meal in someone else's kitchen with limited preparation. We had a turkey, stuffin, gravy, mashed taters, cranberry, grean beans, squash and a spinach salad. No mac-n-chz til Friday, when we ate another Thanksgiving at Mel's grandmothers.

No comments: