Friday, August 31

Date Nite


The Kitchen's wonderful mussels.

Mel and I have started going out to dinner every Thursday. Boulder has an amazing restaurant scene and being new to town we wanted a good excuse to check out some new places. We have been doing this for about a month now and last night we finally made it to The Kitchen. This place is amazing. Apparently Organic magazine voted it one of the 10 best restaurants in America. We were equally impressed. It was definitely one of the best meals I have had in my life. We started the evening with the mussels and a bottle of Côtes du Rhône Rosé. Mel enjoyed the grilled Hawaiian Ahi and I had some amazing scallops for dinner. We finished off with a chocolate torte that surpassed my mom's and Mel tried the 20 year tawny port. I was the driver and elected not to go for dessert wine, instead a nice espresso finished well with the amazing chocolate. I think y'all should come to Boulder so we can go do fun active stuff by day and eat scrumptious food in the evenings.

No comments: