Tuesday, August 14

The Coon

I woke up at 4am this morning, which is not entirely unusual. Today Mel woke me up with an alarmed sounding "KEITH!!!" I immediately assumed the naked kung-fu position on the bed prepared for all-out burglar self-defense. Meanwhile, it sounds as if Cota has the burglar by the jugular in the living room. There is definitely a fight going on out there. Mel is out of the bedroom and I follow behind turning out all the lights she just turned on. I come into the dining room to find Cota in a standoff with a big ol' raccoon next to his food bowl. Food is spread everywhere and it is obvious that Cota and the coon had just been going at it pretty seriously. I wish I had seen and taken video of Cota attacking the raccoon to try and protect his food. Next, Mel grabbed the dog and I watched dumbly as the devious animal retreated out the hole in the screen door. I'm really happy it was a raccoon and not a skunk. That would have sucked.

2 comments:

Jason said...

so, do you think you will close the door now? or fix the screen? or just wait for a skunk?

Becca said...

I made it safely to France! My e-mail doesn't work here, something I'm pretty happy about. Anyways while I work on getting a gmail account, I have my blog and I'm downloading Skype. I called Pa on Amy's account this morning and it worked like a charm. Just wanted to let you know I'm here in my room and it has a balcony!