Saturday, December 9

Two weeks later...

I love Guatemala and I don't know why. It is not the most beautiful or the most anything. Mel and I have been travelling around and having a splendid time. Kyle and Garrett we parted ways as they went on to Mexico. We headed to the secluded mountain town of Nebaj well off the gringo trail. It was a rewarding experience with good hiking and insight into non-touristy daily Guatemalan life. We hiked through the poorest neighborhood I have ever seen or imagined. The inhabitants were Mayan Refugees struggling to survive after decades of oppression and genocide.

Now we are at Lago Atitlan on the opposite end of the touristy spectrum. I soon begin the search for the avocado tree under which I was conceived...

Out of time, check my photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys made it to Nebaj and had a good experience!
Paco