Wednesday, January 2

2007 Wrap Up

Last year finished nicely with two weeks of not working. My company is kind enough to close it's doors and send everyone home for the holidays. I like my job for sure, but I enjoy not working way more. To celebrate, Mel and I drove out to Oregon.

The drive out was smooth and we arrived in Corvallis a full six days before Christmas with a majority of our holiday shopping completed. We filled this time eating to train for Christmas day and working out so we could eat more. We also had an EPIC ski day at Meadows with 13" of new, sunny skies and minimal wind. I had a new pair of fatties that absolutely rip although I don't recall making too many tele turns. Josh and I made liberal use of the kleenex trick and kept befriending the folks 3-5 spots up in line to keep the waits short. We finished a great day with a couple of pints and about 20 friends at the Laurelwood brewery in Portland.

Christmas was wonderful! I got a pair of beautiful bookshelves crafted by my parents. They look gorgeous in our bedroom and I am totally jazzed to have somewhere to put my books. The next day, Mel had to return to Boulder for work, so I picked up Phil and we went skiing. Another EPIC day, only 10" of new this time around, but it snowed another 8" or so while we were there and the ample wind insured that we got fresh tracks every run. We found a couple of great lines in the trees and made laps until we could take no more.

On my return trip to Colorado I stopped through Bend and visited with Josh and Cate. Their new house is spectacular and it was great to catch up. The brothers Dickman were also in town and we had a BC ski day on Tumalo and some midnight sledding to keep us entertained. I then began the long drive back to Boulder. The roads were pretty bad everywhere except Idaho and I saw a lot of vehicles in the ditch. I had the immense pleasure of driving I-80 east of Laramie in full conditions.

Just for the record I want to include the daily snowfall history for Meadows during the period I was in Oregon. It simply does not snow like this in Colorado. Thats 12 feet of new in 13 days. Snowfall is represented in inches.

17-Dec 14
18-Dec 15
19-Dec 9
20-Dec 20
21-Dec 7
22-Dec 4
23-Dec 4
24-Dec 13
25-Dec 11
26-Dec 14
27-Dec 6
28-Dec 10
29-Dec 18

No comments: