Wednesday, January 11

Funny Story

Sometimes I forget that I live in a ginormous city, but then I go around the corner and see this....

So, Mel, Becca and I went to see King Kong the other night. Actually, we wanted to see Narnia but it is dubbed here. Guess I will just have to buy it bootleg off the street for a buck. Anyway, we decided to see King Kong and looked at the poster for show times. I thought we could make it to the 10:15 after Mel and I got off work at 10. I wrote down King Kong (닝농) in Korean plus the time we wished to see the film (20:15) and indicated that I wished to have 3 (SE gae) tickets. We got to the theatre a few minutes late and were astonished to see that the previews were over and people were in our seats. Seats are assigned here. The people reluctantly moved and we sat down to watch the movie. Ten minutes later Becca asked Melanie if she thought it seemed like the end of the film. None of us knew, but something seemed weird. Twenty minutes on, Mel got out the tickets and I realized that 20:15 is really 8:15 and not 10:15. Oops! Those people that we kicked out of our seats must have thought the weiguks (foreigners) were really crazy showing up 2 hrs. late for a movie. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

grahamski said...

Nice job Keith, oh so smooth... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, just to let you know that you should use the Hangul letter ㅋ instead of ㄴ to make a /k/ sound. The movie title you wrote above is read as Ning Nong. ;)
Great blog still. Love your posts and pics.

- a random Korean visitor

Keith Pearen said...

Well, kind of fitting and just goes to show that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.