Wednesday, November 30

Hiking and Eating

On Saturday I went hiking in Bukhansan NP. I put in 12 miles or so and climbed 8 peaks. It was quite fun. Mel was not along because she had a bit of stomach sickness in the morning. Korean men do not like being passed by some whitey and pick up the pace when I come by. I happily accommodate them and increase my pace as well. This causes things to get a bit strenuous at times, but it is all in good fun. At one point I had a number of middle aged Korean men strung out behind me while we were all scrambling over difficult fourth class terrain. We gained 500m elevation in about 20min. They wanted me to yell and beat my chest on the summit, but that's not my style.

Tofu in Korean is dubu (두부) and we found a cool restaurant with dubu in the title. We have been walking past this place daily and I never realized that it's a tofu joint. We had a real nice sit on the floor 12 course Korean meal for 15,000 ($15) each. Pretty amazing. The courses included fresh warm tofu and sauces, fried tofu, pork salad rolls, cold salmon on tofu, a wild mushroom and tofu soup, sauteed wild mushrooms, and many salads. It was a wonderful meal and I could hardly walk afterward it was so much food.

1 comment:

~I said...

Good work showing those Korean goobers whats up.